Monday 24 December 2012

2nd Roadbike exploration...

My ma se woorde sou wees, "My kind wat het jou besiel?"

Well that is what I felt like on my 2nd ride, I was a little bit to keen to quickly, but on Christmas eve sommer the day after my first roadride I went for another ride. There was nothing wrong with the ride, but I should've maybe discerned a little bit more with who I was going to ride with.

Jason & I met Dawie at Robin Hood Gate... Boy oh boy, these guys just wanted to go FAST, sadly for them I was on cruise control, so they had to slow down.

I had the privilage to sit in the diamond, thats what I'm told it is called UNTIL we went round a corner with a strong wind from the front... & I realised this is where the chaf is being seperated from the wheat and what a privilage it was to sit in that diamond. I begged them to just go & leave me so that I could go at my own pace, but they insisted to hang around...

Did I mention that roadriding is constant & consistent all the time... No time to play around or stop to even smell the roses.

We did a few laps of the park & went to Richmond Hill Bakery for coffee & awesome cake. #highly recommended.

If you know me well, I'm not known to sit still for to long or take afternoon naps, I was so exhausted from 2 days riding in a row that I HAD to just lie in my bed that afternoon before I headed out again.

Lessons learned from the day:

1. Choose your company wisely :-) (ride at your level of competance)
2. Always finish a lap... the start of overcoming some mental issues

Dawie, J & TC @ Richmond Hill Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment