Tuesday 5 March 2013

ABSA Cape Epic Excitement!!!


Projecting my excitement on our fridge at home! :-)

So finally I'm in final digits of counting down the time before I go home to be part of the ABSA Cape Epic. THREE SLEEPS only!

They have announced the Riders Guide today.

http://www.cape-epic.com/content.php?page_id=238&title=/2013_Ride_Guide/

See page 50-51 for some interesting stats.

I'm trying to contain myself...

BUT I am very exciting especially about the following...

1. To meet these people (or to look at some of them from a distance)
2. To see & learn what nutrition will be served
3. Just to be part of it
4. Observe all the logistics - watch & learn

My biggest worry was that they are going to put me on timing in the field, that would've been a disaster, I talk way too much for such a responsible job, but thankfully I will be working at Waterpoint 2 each day. My biggest fear is the sun and this now 'british skin/britse wit velletjie, but after this winter, overdosing on the sun can not be a bad thing. :)

BRING IT ON!!!

I would love to pick a team to win the Epic, but it is so hard to pick one..
Christoph Sauser & Kulhavy will turn on the gas, but then Nino Schurter is just a MACHINE. I like Manuel Fumic & Marcon Fontana as they are different and has some personality, but then you also have the likes of Karl Platt & Jose Hermida, it is just too hard too choose. :( I'm sad that Ralph Naef has broken his collarbone & that he won't be riding the Epic anymore, he looks like a guy with LOTS of guts.

After the sad and terrible passing away of our favourite and local hero, Burry Stander, his wife Cherise & brother Duane will be riding together, they will be known as team Africanmtbkid1, his father, Charles and other brother, Charl will be riding as Africanmtbkid2.

Tip Off:
I found Twitter the best way of following the events in previous years, it it the most up to date information that you will get.

Who to Follow on Twitter:
@AbsaCapeEpic
@TeamBulls
@ManuelFumic
@nschurter
@Plattos
@sauserwind
@songoinfo
@MaxKnoxcycling
@kleinhansmuesli
@Josehermida
@taylorchick1
@conceptkzn
@Mr_TREAD
@dannicholl
@tangocycling (me :-)) Updates through the experience of a volunteer

Which channels to watch on Youtube:
Absa Cape Epic Channel
Specialized Bicycle Components
Team Bulls official
GoPro South Africa





No comments:

Post a Comment