Thursday 18 April 2013

Putting Our Safety First!

On Monday night I went for a gentle ride just because the weather was so good and I didn't want to waste opportunity. I went on my own as I was to late to go with some of the others, see I don't always need people. :) #justmostofthetime

On my return, Julie, my lovely housemate & dear friend asked me if I went on my own, to which I replied, yes. Do you have a card with emergency contact details with you? No. Did you have your phone with you? Yes. She gave me a scary look and said she will ask me tomorrow if I made myself an ICE-card.

It is not a nice thought that something could happen to you, but in reality it can happen at any time. Our good friend Zane had an accident last year and thankfully he had his phone with him and there were loads of other people riding in Richmond Park last year. He was very fortunate and his helmet saved his life.

I’ve taken it seriously and made myself and a few friends ICE-cards.

Info to put on your ICE-card if you want to make yourself one.

Name:

DOB:

Allergies:

ICE #1:

ICE #2:

I would recommend that you choose someone that will answer their phone most of the time… Some of us don’t have a good track record with that.

Be careful & Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment