Saturday 9 January 2016

'Heavenly' Hemel & Aarde Vallei

Riding in Hermanus was with my best friends. This was my 3 day break away from the farmstall. 

It was like old times; like Tango Cycling Wales weekends, but just in Hermanus. Everything revolved around a good ride, eating and kuiering! Awesome! Thank you Steph, Gerhard, Christiaan, Kerryn, Si & Pokkeljie for the memories! 


The trails and scenery was out of this world and the trails form part of the well-known Wine 2 Whales race. My favourite part was riding up The Gorge and following the wheel of Steph like old times down some flowy twisty singletrack. 

Check out Hermanus Adventures website for more details on the routes. We followed a combination of the routes, Steph knew the routes so she hand selected all the best bits! :-)

Day 1 


Tango Cycling Global

Tango Triplets Re-united

The Tango Twins were lost & found again before this picture! 


Tango Train

Breakfast at Die Plaaskombuis

Obviously the best part of our ride according to me. Some of us didn't have breakfast before our ride and didn't take into account the South African heat. 



The Gorge!

At the top of The Gorge!
Happy place

All together now! 

Steph nailing it!

Psalm 24

Cream Soda Float vs Popeye Juice
The Popeye Juice was clearly NOT mine, but I can assure you that it tasted what it looked like!

Kammabaai



Delicatessen from the farmstall

 Day 2

I indulged a little bit too much in all the good South Africa food and it felt like my breakfast sat in my throat whilst riding, but I'm so glad that I rode as the scenery was just so beautiful! 

Early birds catches the worm

Early morning sunrise! 




The morning after the night before!


Steph & Si! :-) 
You scream, we scream, we all scream for Ice cream! 
Prawn Flats




Coffee @ Voëlklip

My Besties: Si, Pokkeltjie, Kerryn, Christiaan, Zoé, Steph & Gerhard


No comments:

Post a Comment